The North Carolina Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped (NCLBPH) has served its citizens proudly since September of 1958 when it was founded as the North Carolina Regional Library for the Blind. It was originally housed in the Mansion Park Building on Blount Street in Raleigh.
In January of 1959 the library became a part of the State Library of North Carolina. The library then served 881 people with books recorded on 33 1/3 records.
Today, the Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped circulates materials in Braille, large print, audio and digital formats, and described videotape. Each year, the Library handles approximately 500,000 individual mailings of this material.
Visit the N.C. Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped